Saturday, October 16, 2010

What? You're back for more!?


Hello everyone,

It's about that time of the year when my thoughts turn south, in a good way of course. I've returned to Antarctica and have resumed my weather duties at the South Pole. This time, I would be in charge of said weather duties and it would be a case of same duties as before, just more responsibilities that go along with them as well as making sure everyone else does what they are supposed to do.

That said, I will be the good soldier and not bash or throw anyone or any department under the bus on this page. I will do my best to focus on the ups and downs and learning experiences that I encounter.

Before chilling in McMurdo, I was in Christchurch, NZ for a couple of days, the first since an earthquake rocked the Canterbury region last month. I did see some off what nature's wrath can offer. While I have experienced some rumblers in my time in Reno, NV, this was clearly the first time that I have been in a spot where a 7 had hit in a very recent time. Even though this is a bad sight of a building being scaffolded and taken down, Christchurch had done a good job getting things back together and still it's a wonderful place to visit.

With that, I'll leave for now and hope to bring to you more tales from the ice in the near future.

No comments: