Monday, November 2, 2009

Better late than never. Made it to Pole.

This post it to let you know that I've made it as far south as I can go. I arrived yesterday and I kind of forgot how altitude plays a role in the Pole. I've been instructed not to do too much strenuous labor for the first couple of days. Last year, I didn't notice it as much, since I feel that I was on adrenaline over there. Now, maybe the physical and mental aspects are becoming a bit of a factor. I just have to remember to drink lots of water and not try to do wind sprints while I'm here.

Also, seeing some of the winterovers did give me a prespective on some before and after shots between vists. Some changes were very small, others were quite drastic.

That's all I have right now for my grand reappearance at the South Pole. I bring you up to date on any changes.

1 comment:

jeanette said...

welcome back a pinch of salt! well here we are again looking forward to the posts'