Thursday, November 13, 2008

Work, work and more work.



Hey,

Right now I'm close to finishing up a stretch where I have been working in the Meteorology office everyday for the past two and a half weeks. Although, the first half has been training and about a week stretch of one where planes weren't landing at the Pole because of bad weather which would make my job easier, it would be nice just to rest up and not have to worry about showing up to the office.

But just because I have my primary job out of the way after 9 hours a day, there are still plenty of things to take care of at the Pole. For instance, there are house mouse duties that everyone has to perform on station and I've volunteered to be on the Emergency Response Team. I also been asked if I wanted to participate for the pole newspaper and there also opportunities to help out in the galley and the dish pit. Also, there are my own hobbies I've been concentrating on like some drawings and creative writing, for fun of course.

This explains how even in just four months, that I have plenty of tasks to take on. Well, at least I won't get bored.

Take care until next time.

1 comment:

Blur said...

During the summer there is no lack of activities. The winter is another story. Plus MET is pretty popular for folks to come by and visit.

Say Hi to Guy Thomerson and Henry Malmgren for me. I would not suggest drinking with them unless you like pain.