Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's been this long since the last post...? Made it.



Okay,

Sorry for the wait, but I did reach the South Pole at 1:00pm local time (Sunday night for most of you reading this.). So far, it has been two days and I'm adjusting to life at the bottom of the world okay.

The temps so far are around -50C/-60F, so I don't want to hear from anyone how they're cold. The extreme cold weather (ECW) gear does help a lot, so I don't get frostbite or any other things like that. It's just the altitude and dry air that giving me some problems, but I'll probably be over them in a week or two.

I'll be sure to get some more pictures at the South Pole eventually, but for now enjoy the view of McMurdo Station and a leopard seal on the ice (Yes, I'm positive that's not a smudge on the picture).

Late,
Phillip

No comments: