Friday, February 18, 2011

Young Minds that want to learn.

Hi,

Things have gotten so busy for me that I'm about three weeks overdue with my last update.

What I wanted to explain this go around was how along with my regular job, that I have been explaining schoolchildren around the world by various means what I do at the South Pole. Thus far, I've answered some questions for a co-worker's sister, contributed to a Wiki Page (http://januaryweather.wikispaces.com) and shot some video for a local teacher that I know.

It's always a good feeling that there are students out there who are curious about your work, so I did what I could to provide the answers that were needed. It may have taken more time that I would have liked, but I did what I needed to do to help fuel the minds for the next generation. With any luck, some of them might even make it down to the ice themselves.

No comments: