Tuesday, December 7, 2010

*pant, *pant. I'm...still around.


Greetings,

It has been some time since I've been back. Even though things have been generally quiet, that means that I had more time to take care of pressing matters around the office among other things. The Met crew and I have been adjusting to our work life fine; some things to work out here and there but generally fine.

After Thanksgiving weekend (which went great), I had one of my new experiences as a manager...Manager's Cook Day. Traditionally, we say thank you to the kitchen staff who prepared our Thanksgiving dinner by giving them the day off the week after. At that time, a lot of the managers from other departments chip in and prepare meals for that day. I was part of the Science and IT group for lunch which consisted of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. I helped out on the vegetables and fries. I had a lot of fun and people seemed to enjoy what we were able to do for one day.

The spirit of volunteerism still burns bright. Take care everyone!

1 comment:

Katya said...

Does not look like South Pole at all here, looks more like Chef Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen. )))